Written by Administrator
The Peak team is also responsible for the safety auditing of many other organisations and events. So we need to be role models in the safety of our own programmes. We only run well-designed activities using the right gear, with people holding the right qualifications, in the right environments.
Our facilitators factor in emotional and cultural safety as well as physical safety. We operate on a “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, where nobody is forced into any activity.
The list of qualifications that our core staff hold is long. Here’s just a snapshot…
- Member of ROSA (Register of Outdoor Safety Auditors)
- NZOIA Alpine 1, Rock 1, Kayak 1 instructor
- Member of NZ Association of Training and Development
- MSC Avalanche Safety Management Stage 1, Stage 2
- NZ Resuscitation Council …
- NZRA Grade 4/5 Raft Guide
- SKOANZ Sea Kayak Guide
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator facilitator
Peak works with organisations such as:
- Department of Conservation
- Rural Fire Brigades
- Auckland University of Technology